Saturday 6 May 2017

MAF - highlights

At the Manchester animation festival what I found most enriching from watching all of the different types of film was the independent films and shorts that were showcased, one that stuck out for me the most was a film by Michelle and Uri Kranot - 'How Long, Not Long.'.

The reason that this film was the highlight for me was the use of media and subject matter - what seemed to be archive footage rotoscoped with oil paint on glass.

This really jumped out for me and I think the reason being was that it was an example of independent filmakers/artists creating work for themselves but having it showcased at various locations - this kind of thing inspires me and gives me a sense of hope that I can produce my own work, make a living from it- and have it be noticed - but not without going out and showing it to people.

https://vimeo.com/130220394 - 'How long, not long' - link

No comments:

Post a Comment